Teen Turnarond is a 26 week program specifically designed for teens who have experienced pain or addictions including: violence, drinking, cutting, pornography, eating disorders, a troubled family situation, etc. If you are a teen dealing with any of the above mentioned forms of pain or addictions, then Teen Turnaround is for you!
1. DENIAL: Before we can truly grow in our faith and experience God’s healing in our lives, we must first face and admit our denial.
2. POWERLESS: When we accept the first step and move from denial and into reality, we discover that there are actually very few things we have control over.
-OPEN YOUR HEART
3. HOPE: In the first step we admitted we were powerless. Now in the second step we come to believe that God exists, that we are important to Him and we are able to receive His power to heal us.
-DEPEND ON CHRIST
4. TURN: How do you turn your life over to the one and only higher power Jesus Christ? The act of turning takes total dependence on God.
5. ACTION: After taking the first two steps, we can still be stuck in a cycle of pain...guilt...anger...fear...depression. How do we get “unstuck”?
-HEAR AND SPEAK
6. TRUTH: In this lesson the teens will list specific events, both good and bad, in their lives. They will need to be open and honest as can be so that God can show how each event affected others and themselves positively or negatively.
7. LIFE REVIEW: In this lesson we begin to take an honest evaluation of our lives. (Psalms 139:23-24) Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts: And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.
8. CONFESS: (Isaiah 1:18) Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.
-EMBRACE GOD’S WAY
9. READY: What does it mean to be entirely READY to have God help in your areas of weakness?
-ASK FOR FORGIVENESS
10. FORGIVE: Seeking forgiveness is the end of your isolation from others and God.
11. GRACE: You must receive and model Jesus Christ's freely given gift of grace. All this may be scary, but know that when you’re afraid, God’s grace is bigger than your fear. In fact, God’s grace is all you need.
-LIVE FOR GOD
12. YOUR HEART: When your heart is not right things don’t go right. When your heart needs work you are easily distracted and discouraged. Because of this, it is important to spend time evaluating the conflicts, which attack your heart.
13. GIVE: Step 8 is called the “give back” step. Why give back? It is a reminder that God wants you to take what you have learned and help others grow as you have been growing.